Old September 21st 03, 05:56 PM
Richard Corfield

Default Sustrans routes

In article , Zog The Undeniable wrote:

I read the C2C booklet last month and nowhere does it mention that
"proper" bikes are unsuitable for completing the route. Sorry guys, but
the NCN isn't going to be anything other than a weekend leisure activity
unless you can get some blacktop out there. Most people like to have
mudguards and road tyres on their commuting bikes!

We're planning ahead for the Sea2Sea (Whitehaven to Sunderland) next
April/May, and again planning on using recumbent road trikes. Looking
at the map, there are a lot of "white road" alternatives. Do you have
any experience of this route?

Other fun of Sustrans, though they say they're getting rid of them, are
the anti-tandem gates. That said, motorbikes may be more annoying.

- Richard

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com