Old August 22nd 05, 02:26 PM
Paul Kopit

Default Shimano chains - rivet reuse?

On 22 Aug 2005 05:54:25 -0700, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:

Really. Glad you, as a single rider, with changing your chain
regularly,haven't had an issue. GOOD for you. But as a wrench, I have
seen many 10s systems and have seen about 4 chains DA 10s chains break.
Most were installed improperly, one was installed correctly.

I happen to like Shimano 10 chain. I never use the Shimano links.
Somehow, I've never been skilled enough to get the break off link to
work perfectly, even with the 9sp chain.

I do us the Sram 9 link on Shimano 9 and 10 chain and other 10sp
chain.

So far, my favorite 10sp link is the Connex 10 because it's easy to
install and comes off easy too. The downside is the cost of an
individual link. I do use the same link over several chains and have
done so for several years now w/o bad results.