Old April 12th 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default You don't need an expensive bike helmet to ride safely---BHSI Lab Tests Finds no difference between expensive and cheap helmets.

In article ,
SMS wrote:

On 11/04/10 2:42 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:

Oh, Steven, we've been down this road so many times with you and you
just don't learn. Why go there again?

Still hoping that you'll open your mind and look at the facts. Hopeless
it appears.

The facts are simple, Steven; you're the one who refuses to look at them
(as has been pointed out to you many times- the pattern is the same as
with your silly notions about generator headlights).

There's little if any evidence that helmet usage reduces the rate of
death or disability from brain injuries associated with bicycle
accidents. There are claims supported by inference, supposition and
weak evidence.

I think it'd be great if helmets really did reduce the risk of brain
injuries by 85%. I still wouldn't force people to wear them, of course,
but with good data people could make an informed choice.

If you change your mind, click over to
"http://sites.google.com/site/bicyclehelmetmythsandfacts/". It's
debunked 28 myths so far.

This another one of yours? It certainly sounds like it.

Also, contrary to your opinion, "debunking" is not the same as saying
"that's not true." Actual facts have to be provided not handwaving and
hysterics as seen on the site you cite. A number of the references
cited at the bottom have themselves been debunked.