Old April 17th 18, 04:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Cyclists and pedestrians in LA

On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 14:55:40 -0500, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/13/2018 11:57 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 08:29:50 -0500, AMuzi
wrote:

Video is dramatic.

snip my blather

Out here in the real world, every solution brings its own new
problems:

https://nltimes.nl/2018/04/13/dutch-...fic-assoc-says

not just in Minnesota either!

Some of that is evident on the local bike trails here. People in
tri-bike training mode on the aero, road race training mode, a very few
e-bikes. The speed limit on most of the trails is 10 mph, if you're
going faster you're supposed to be in the street (although quite a few
miles of trails have no adjacent street).

So with that, and with the 8-mph-four-abreast riders and the wobbly
drunks and the wobbly little 'uns, there are frequently frayed tempers
and harsh words on the not-so-Minnesota-nice trails.

My firsthand experience of last summer is one I hope to never repeat!