Old August 4th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kerv

Default Helmets: Do you wear one? Why? When?

I almost always wear one - but it has never saved me from any injury.
My wrist / palm protectors have saved me many times and my leg/knee
armor has also saved me (metal pinned pedals bite hard). So, while my
helmet is less important (from the point of view that it has never
prevented an injury) it protects the most important part of me. There
is an old saying that applies to any protective gear, "I would rather
wear it and not need it rather than to need it while not wearing it".

--
Kerv