Old July 21st 09, 11:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default maybe Lance Armstrong has some good reason NOT to support it

I know some here refuse to learn from cooperative monkeys that are
happy with bananas, so perhaps the world of insects has some important
lessons for us...

Are we more like Ants or Roaches?

With all due respect for distinguished professor E.O. Wilson, who has
studied ants and their potential application to human behavior, I have
my own conclusions...

"Wilson came to believe that humans, like ants, are genetically
designed to live within natural limits. It is becoming increasingly
obvious that those limits are directly related to reduced energy use
and consumption of natural resources, family planning, and COOPERATION
among societies, rather than competition."

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005121653

Anyway after having lived among the roaches for several months, and
having observed their behavior, I conclude that:

a) Many humans are more like roaches than ants, ie. they are MORE
SELFISH THAN COOPERATIVE

b) Many humans are OPPORTUNISTIC PREDATORS, just like roaches

c) THE DIRTIER THE PLACE, THE MORE ROACHES, ie. the more a society is
allowed to live in filth (THE JUNGLE), the more they act like roaches.

Now, the last point needs some clarification. I don't live in filth
but my place is cramped. And I wasn't happy with the roaches either,
since I was fighting them with soapy water, which amounts to fighting
predators one at a time and hoping they disappear. They don't! So I
finally dropped THE BOMB (the roach fogger) and picked up the dead
roaches with a vacuum cleaner... And end of study.

So, do you see the potential application of roaches to human behavior?