Old September 14th 09, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

Default Scotland's cycling tax

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:26:56 +0100 someone who may be Rob Horton
wrote this:-

So it's just a made up article. A troll I guess by scotland on sunday.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publicati.../05/28093408/7 (in
particular question 10) was not produced by Scotland on Sunday.

It is worth noting these paragraphs at the end of the SoS article

"Peter Hayman, another CAPS board member and the Scottish
representative of the Cyclists Touring Club, claimed the tax
suggestion was added to the paper without his knowledge.

""I think this went in after we saw the final draft," he said. "The
board saw the guts of the document, then the Scottish Government
people put it together with some extra quotes, which we never saw. I
don't think it should have been there because it distracts from the
real question, which is: how do you get more people cycling?"

Cyclists already pay far more than their fair share towards the
upkeep of the roads. They don't whine about this.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh