Old April 20th 17, 11:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default California risk

On 2017-04-17 15:56, AMuzi wrote:
Hey Joerg:

http://ktla.com/2017/04/17/mountain-...hes-small-dog/

Happens. A recent cat visit in a neighboring village here ended more
peacefully, in the end the mountain lion just messed up their
kitchen:

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/cali...sion/430031662

They are out here. Most people like myself ride anyhow, you just have to
be vigilant and not do risky stuff. For example, fixing something
on the bike where a crouched position is unavoidable is best done
in an open area without thick brush where you can see what may be
coming or lurking. I also carry spray though that may be of limited
value in a fast attack or against the wind.

I've had three stare-downs with them so far. (I won all three
They are not looking at you like prey they are angry with you for
being on their turf. They scowl at you with indignation but if you
look at them even angrier, they decide to let you off with a
warning.

Just don't get into politics when you talk to them :-)

So far the only wild animal that followed me was a little bear. Stayed
at a safe distance from me though. It probably wanted my backpack or the
contents of it, maybe hoping I'd drop it. Didn't work and eventually he
or she called it a day.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/