Old September 4th 03, 07:37 PM
rorschandt

Default Piriformis syndrome and recumbents?

"Chas" wrote in

I have been diagnosed with piriformis syndrome (a condition in which
the piriformis muscle becomes inflamed and impinges on the sciatic
nerve bundle causing considerable pain). The physical therapist said
to see about a different seat, position, etc. on my bike.

Any one have this experience and willing to share their experiences?

Chas
Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair

I know somone who has what sounds like a similar condition, and the only
bent seats that work for her are those that have a gap between the seat
back, and the base(BikeE, Rans, etc). A Haluzak mesh could probably be
modified for that particular problem.

Also maybe you need a wedgie (^; http://www.sacrowedgy.com/piriformis.htm