Old July 20th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bob sullivan

Default don't mess with Bobke

Meg Worley wrote:
This morning's coverage provided a great Liggettism, but minus the Liggett:
"We'll see who's wearing what foot in a few minutes..." poor Al promised
us, but I blame Bobke. He had just finished spinning out a chain of
tortured metaphors (as only Bob can), and Al was just trying to be a
good sport. Or maybe he was trying to stop the metaphor carnage.

I haven't heard much in the way of Liggettisms this year. Could Phil
be getting old?

Rage away,

meg

And I haven't heard Paul say 'suitcase of courage' even once... Maybe
I just wasn't paying close enough attention.

I think the guys are definitely slipping, though; they've gone entire
days without referring to the leader being 'resplendent in the yellow
jersey'.

~bob s.