Old March 30th 04, 02:55 PM
Velvet

Default The joy of spring

Just got back from a mid-day cycle jaunt around the lanes. *Glorious* The sun
is high, the sky is blue - a bit of a headwind, but manageable. Loads of lambs
in the fields, saw my first brimstone butterfly of the year and my first
tortoiseshell butterfly of the year. The primroses and violets are starting to
adorn the hedgerows. Bunnies bouncing about the ditches, pheasants doing their
roadrunner impersonations.

*Wonderful*

And the motorists were courteous :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Bah. I'd given thought to pootling off on the train with the bike to go
ride the forest way from east grinstead to groombridge, having done
e.grinstead to forest row at the weekend, but was waiting for a meeting
that was supposed to happen this afternoon.

I was more miffed when no call to confirm came, and finally having just
spoken to the family member concerned and being given the option of
either doing it this afternoon or tomorrow morning (where tomorrow is
going to be less pleasant weather-wise), I'm now sat here without the
time to be able to do this ride today (and lacking the inclination to do
with with the weather forecast for the rest of the week).

Chuffing parents. Whole day that I could have been out cycling in
lovely sunshine and instead have hung around doing odd chores (albeit
some in the garden) to use up time till this now-nonexistant meeting.

NNNNNGH

Velvet