Old September 11th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default What happens if you hang a weight from the bottom of a wheel?

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:52:04 -0500, Tim McNamara
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

While I was enjoying the current incarnation of the stand-or-hang
thread, I found myself wondering what the spokes and the rim will do
if you stick a wheel up in the air and hang a weight from the rim
section that would normally be the contact patch.

Rather than starting yet another useless thread, find out for yourself
and get back to us. This ought to take about 5 minutes.

Dear Tim,

I think that more readers would be interested in the theory, which is
apparently beyond both of us.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel