Old April 20th 17, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default California risk

On 2017-04-17 15:56, AMuzi wrote:
Hey Joerg:

http://ktla.com/2017/04/17/mountain-...hes-small-dog/

Happens. A recent cat visit in a neighboring village here ended more
peacefully, in the end the mountain lion just messed up their kitchen:

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/cali...sion/430031662

They are out here. Most people like myself ride anyhow, you just have to
be vigilant and not do risky stuff. For example, fixing something on the
bike where a crouched position is unavoidable is best done in an open
area without thick brush where you can see what may be coming or
lurking. I also carry spray though that may be of limited value in a
fast attack or against the wind.

I've had three stare-downs with them so far. (I won all three They are not looking at you like prey they are angry with you for being on their turf. They scowl at you with indignation but if you look at them even angrier, they decide to let you off with a warning.