Old July 26th 05, 10:21 AM
onewheeldave

Default Direct drive bicycle

DK wrote:
*The only modern direct drive bikes are track bikes (for velodrome
racing, and a fair amount of messangers use them). I've ridden a
friends, and its kinda natural after unicycling. the on;y downside to
your idea is that clipless pedals (ones that your foot clips in--
don't ask) is a must, and they can be expensive and they take time to
learn to use. *

Why are clipless pedals a must? I know those who traditionally use
direct drive, single geared bikes tend to use them in high-performance
scenarios (track racing or courier work), but there's no reason the same
machines couldn't be used with normal pedals for less extreme riding.

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the ******* work for it."