Old May 8th 08, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

Default SPD Agony!

"Artemisia" wrote in

On 7 mai, 23:42, "Roger Zoul" wrote:

It's too bad that Artemisia had to discover this on her 1st trike tour. I
feel badly about that.

Why? You had nothing to do with it.

Because your 1st trike tour should be great! Mine was. I did one in March
where I did 7 different bikes trails, one each day, over a week. It was
great. However, the temps were higher and later in the day the hot foot
problems showed up. Fortunately, I was able to get out there early to avoid
the heat most of the days.

On yesterday's short ride, a little over 20km, the cleats in the lower
position behaved much better. I didn't have any pain at all in the
first half, kept the shoes on for about an hour over lunch, and only
started suffering again as I was returning to the hotel.

Some time with the shoes off during lunch would have been wise...at least
while you were sitting.

Today, last
day, another longish ride back to Avignon which I will try to shorten
as I can. In addition to cleat pain there have been other technical
issues, as well as scorchingly hot weather, so actually I'll be quite
happy to get back to my little corner in Isle de France.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll post a full trip and trike review
when I get home.

EFR
Isle sur Sorgue