Old May 9th 08, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Weatherlawyer

Default SPD Agony!

On May 6, 6:05 pm, Artemisia wrote:
On 6 mai, 18:50, "Jim" wrote:

"Artemisia" wrote in message

Two days into my trail and I discover the limit is coming from an
unexpected place - unbelievably painful feet. I'm using Specialized BG
Comp mountain biking shoes in the appropriate size.

Are you sure you have the cleats in the best position?
I find that I have to shove them pretty far forward otherwise I feel like
they're under my arches.

Jim J

They feel too far forward, practically just under my toes. When I
pedal unclipped (much more comfortable but dangerous) I go much
farther back on the foot. But how can I move them? They are screwed in
and the holes are only in one place.

I never had this problem on my upright bikes and unclipped. I think it
has to do with being able to move the foot about and reposition it
when it starts hurting.

Irony is, Specialized BG makes a big thing about how ergonomical and
comfortable they are!

Therefore it has to be the shoes.

I wear wide fitting work shoes and there is only one make I know of.
Imagine the pain I had to go through once they passed laws on health
and safety demanding steel toe-capped boots or shoes.

It took years of expensive trial and error to find them.
They are Tuskers by the way.

I don't know anything about recumbents or cycling shoes.