Old August 19th 18, 03:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Flat repair

On 8/14/2018 2:02 PM, wrote:

snip

Let me ask you again - why do you suppose that every other rubber tired vehicle has changed to tubeless?

You can ask as often as you wish, but you won't get a different answer.

You can't compare a high-pressure bicycle tire with a vehicle tire. I
suppose that if you want to carry along a spare wheel with a tubeless
tire, on your bicycle, tubeless is just fine. But you probably can't do
a space-saver spare.

On one of our vehicles, it didn't come with a spare tire because the
space where it would go is filled with batteries (Prius Plug-In). I
bought a spare tire/wheel for long trips. My colleagues Volt had a flat
and that's when he found out that there was no spare tire--he did not
renew the lease.

I think the issue here is that you switched to tubeless and are having
regrets. No one will think any worse of you for admitting your mistake
and switching back to tube tires. Trying to convince others to make the
same mistake is not going to fix things for you.