Old January 19th 21, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default Department of "well, duh!"

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:49:36 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 1/18/2021 9:13 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 20:59:40 -0500, Joy Beeson wrote:

I did make a quilt out of a
patchwork door curtain; even though I used large stitches and stitched
only along the edges of the blocks, it took a long and tedious time;
no wonder that when quilts were serious bed covering, they held
"quilting parties", so that several women could work at the same time,
and they had somebody to talk to while they were sewing. Or at least
so I gather from old books...

My mother was a 4H Agent for quite a few years and I think I remember
that "some of the girls" did some quilt making as some sort of a
project.

Regarding that sort of teamwork:

It's an aspect of society that seems to have sadly diminished. I've
greatly enjoyed the times I've been part of a team to fence in a garden,
build a treehouse, remodel a room or a house, make sausage, etc. But it
seems those opportunities are few and far between these days. Now we
just hire someone, and they do it while we watch - or watch TV. I miss
working with others.

I think maybe I'll become Amish.

Along that line, I wonder how many can use a hammer to drive nails,
successfully, any more :-)
Or know that the face of a nailing hammer isn't flat, for that matter
:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.