Old March 7th 21, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Spring has sprung

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 10:08:04 -0500, Joy Beeson
wrote:

Three pairs of tights and NO sweatpants!

On my previous ride, I got a marvelous idea: if I wear my mask over
my chin instead of letting it dangle on my chest, it's out of the way,
it's easy to pull it up when it's needed, AND I can skip the band-aid
on my pink scar.

And I used the Heritage Trail going and coming. I *have* had my
shots, but I still want to mask up when close to people.

On the way out, the Trail is a shortcut to Roy Street. I didn't mean
to use it coming back, but the light was red, so I swung over onto the
sidewalk at a convenient driveway. The Trail on that side of town
runs along the lake, so there are no intersections.

I had to re-tie the mask a few times; it tended to work loose and fail
to protect the chin.

17.7 miles is nearly twice my previous trip, and I didn't get tired
(except for not being able to sleep at nap time; I got down when it
was time to get up.), so I can do the twenty-mile ride to Leesburg the
next time there is something good at Duck, Down, and Above.

A promising start to summer training -- just like last year about this
time. I'm pretty sure I won't have to lay off all exercise for a
month and a half while a skin graft heals. But my check-up is in May;
if I flunk, it will be perfectly timed to prevent me from doing the
Tour d' Lakes in July.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net