Old May 25th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default I'm a real man, too

In article . com,
" wrote:

On May 24, 7:09 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
wrote:
On May 24, 8:39 pm, "Sandy" wrote:

I'll call your Qvar with a hit of Ventolin, but the winning hand is
DAILY
use of Approvel and Tahor.

Hmmm. Obviously, le peloton roule a deux vitesses.

You dirty dopers! Even down into the non-competing ranks! No wonder the
other Cat 4s all left me behind this year: They doped, and thus didn't
gain 20 pounds each in the off season.

I'd rather be clean,

I once dropped a clif bar in a mountain bike race
and didn't stop to pick it up sob. God, I feel
awful living with this shame. I hope Smokey the Bear
isn't reading this, or that crying Indian from the
TV commercial.

Also, although I am not a _habitual_ doper, I am a
habitual dope.

Also, I used to ride with these guys who famously
"knew all the burn spots in XXXXXXXXX County"
(and I don't mean forest fires; gwhite can explain)
and I knew it was against the law, "but still I
said nothing," as in the Martin Niemoller aphorism.
I see now that my failure to inform on my fellows
was wrong.

Ben
Next, I'm going to write a confessional memoir
called "A Thousand Little T-Patches." Ryan
Cousineau will beat me to market with a memoir
called "A Thousand Little Donuts."

Problem is, mine really will be true.

Only a thousand?