Old August 12th 09, 04:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul

Default Glueless Tire Patches

On Aug 10, 11:57*pm, wrote:
* *I happened to be in a K-Mart store yesterday, and decided I'd see
what sort of bike stuff they had. *The thing I noticed was a patch kit
that features patches that don't require cement/glue.
* *Anyone here have any experience with these patches? *Maybe I just
have a suspicious nature, but they sound just a tad too good to be true.

Last month I went through four tubes in one day that I had patched
last winter. Three were patched with glue less "Slime" and the fourth
was a different company, the name of which I cannot recall but they
were square instead of the round Slime ones. The first held long
enough to get the wheel back on the bike. The second held until the
next morning when it was flat, the third sprung a leak at about 95
psi, and the fourth held. I practiced good patching technique. I
suppose I should not use these and just go with new tubes. In short,
I don't trust them anymore.

Ted.