Old August 12th 09, 07:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Default Glueless Tire Patches

wrote:

So, Landotter doesn't like glueless, you don't like them, and have
bad experience to back you up, and Sheldon Brown also thinks they're
junk. I'd call that the proverbial Three Strikes.
No wonder K-Mart is the only place I've ever seen those things.

Um, virtually every bike shop on earth sells glueless patch kits. I carry
one for back-up on all rides. One problem is they can degrade if left in
the saddle bag too long, just as glue tubes can dry up.

I've had glueless patches last "forever" -- tube failed for other reasons or
punctures -- and others not hold air at all. More often than not, it's user
skill.

Bill "better to patch than walk home" S.