Old May 26th 11, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Cyclist casualties up 9% in London.

On May 26, 4:48*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:

I bet you even break the 40mph speed limit for HGVs when you are on
downhill sections of single carriageway on leisure rides as well.

You probably even do that in your car.

Disgraceful behaviour! - Hide quoted text -

I don't wear a magic hat, so on steep downwhill sections, I limit my
speed to 25 mph even though I could go well over that.
In fact, in a recent downhill club TT held last month - this happened.

"
Result for event 3 the ultra quick 5 mile prologue held on Tuesday
12th April 2011

Jason Young once again decimated the opposition with a 21 second
beating of the rest of the field on a cold but fast night at Weedley.
Tony Goundry was best of the rest with with many riders separated by
one second gaps. At one point Jason was clocked at 52 mph (through the
dip before the Rowley turn off) but somewhat surprisingly was still 10
seconds of Paul Purdy’s course record of 8 mins 30 seconds set the
first year the event was held. Good to see so many riders out – lets
hope this enthusiasm continues for the rest of the season."

--
Simon Mason