Old January 11th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 28 hole rim / 36 hole hub stuff

In article . com, Nate
Knutson wrote:

There are some really deeply discounted, nice 28 hole rims around. I'd
like to use some to build up some cheap wheels, but of course there
aren't many 28 hole hubs laying around at all. I read the "Perverse
Wheelbuilding" article on Sheldon's site
(http://www.sheldonbrown.com/mismatch/). My questions:
1. Has anyone built up any of these? Any insights that aren't mentioned
in the article?

I haven't used the approach outlined in sheldonbrown.com/mismatch, but
I've built up wheels with mismatched hubs and rims[1]. My advice: if
the purpose is the project itself, go ahead; if it's to build a durable
wheel, where possible, use components designed for each other.

Luke

1.
http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.bi.../thread/ced77b
f71f69de4e/eca63d2eebf1b21b?q=mismatched+hub+rim+luke&rnum=1# eca63d2eebf
1b21b

or

http://tinyurl.com/c9q8s