Old January 18th 18, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default combination spanners with different inclinations

Emanuel Berg wrote:

:With programming, one can do a tool which for
:the specific purpose is superior to anything
:else in the world, be it commercial or free of
:charge. (Programming is of course a tool to do
:just that, but nevertheless.)

:But with mechanical tools, I don't think
:I could ever make a tool that is superior to
ne which I can get cheaply from Crooks"R"Us.
:And if it would be, the difference wouldn't be
ne I would notice or one that would motivate
:all the time spent on it.

You haven't spent much time in a workshop, then.
Shop made tools are nearly universal, to solve unique problems that
come up in that shop. I've made wrenches to fit stuff (out of bar
stock, mostly, but once for a plastic pipe cap, out of plywood), two
pin spanner wrenches, countless presses (including some to use on
bikes), and all sorts of piece holding fixures or templates. I've
modified wrenches (usually grinding them thinner).

--
sig 91