Old December 17th 18, 07:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Power on hills.

On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 12:20:48 AM UTC+1, news18 wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 12:28:42 -0800, jbeattie wrote:

I do those three times a week. And them I'm not too good to ride with
the old and slow group. I did a ride before the big fires here where I
generated 340 watts for almost 10 miles. That may not be much around
here but it sure as hell is a great deal more than you loud mouthed
experts.

Me too, when I won the Cat 2 districts this year. Do you actually own a
power meter? Also, you need to tell us how long you were holding 340
watts. Distance doesn't tell us much.

Oh Jay, it was downhill, obviously.

BTW, I gave that number to my son
and told him it was a 74 year old recreational rider, and he said
"nope," not at 180-190lbs. He looks at power data day in and day out as
a job. https://stagescycling.com/us/support/

340 Watts for 10 miles on a downhill is really hard. For that kind of power you need a fierce headwind or a climb.

Lou