Old November 5th 08, 10:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

Originally Posted by BarracksSi
'I guess part of the point I'm trying to make is that nobody gets to
see moderate, "respectable" cycling advocacy. The most visible cycling
protests are the CM mobs (all we see is when they get beat up by cops
or beat up drivers in front of their kids) and the World Naked Bike
Rides.

I'd put money on this kind of stunt ending up the same way. If it
doesn't, and I see a thousand average people on the Mall instead of a
bunch of loonies with body paint, it might actually be taken
seriously.'

***

No, this is serious stuff. The wild monkeys must be well behaved to
look like "we the People."

I think it's possible.