Old February 6th 20, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default Bridge lane

On 2020-02-03 14:19, Tom Kunich wrote:

[...]

There are only two bridges left without protected bike lanes now.
The San Mateo Bridge and the Carquinez Straits bridge.

I've never seen a cyclist on the Carquinez Bridge. That sounds like
a suicide mission to me, like this section on I-5:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bike/2...ream/lightbox/

Have you tried cycling the Carquinez Bridge?

That is a scary bridge, but that's the wrong bridge.Â* Carquinez
Bridge is across the Carquinez Straights in the north Bay.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carquinez_Bridge

That is the Carquinez bridge I meant. AFAIK you'd have to be on the
freeway and, worse, in a lane to cycle that. Death waiting to happen.

Google is your friend, or at least in this case, Joerg.
[Carquinez Bridge bike] gets you this right away:

https://baytrail.org/get-on-the-trail/bridges/

"Carquinez Bridge

There is a two-way twelve foot bicycle and pedestrian path on the west
side of the western (westbound) span. The distance is .6 miles."

https://baytrail.org/wp-content/uplo...576-300dpi.jpg

If you don't know, now you know.

Mark J.