Old January 13th 21, 12:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default The US is building a bike trail that runs coast-to-coast across 12 states

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 17:18:00 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 1/12/2021 5:01 PM, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:36:08 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 1/12/2021 10:12 AM, sms wrote:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/01/us-rail-trail-cycling-covid-19-recovery/

And bicyclists riding (gasp!) roads as far away as Texas will hear
shouts, "Get on that bike path!"

And why ever not? After all they are building y'all a special bicycle
highway, all the way from one coast to the other. Special, just for
you. And now you want my road too?

harumph.

One of the few things I hate more than "Everyone ought
to..." is the pernicious, "You people..."

As the unflappable Duke Ellington replied when asked about
'the music of your people', "My people? Piano players?
Dilettantes? Lovers of beaujolais?"

How else do you address a group of people? "Hey! You!
On second thought, "you" as used above would be the singular so you'd
have to holler Hey! You! and you and you and you and you and you ...

As for Duke Ellington and "my people" he released an album titled "My
People" in 1963 which included a blues number titled "My People".
--
Cheers,

John B.