Old November 6th 04, 02:53 AM
Bill Baka

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:06:21 GMT, Claire Petersky
wrote:

[see:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...heroad05e.html.
After reading this column, I wrote the following question to Kelly:]

Q. There are so many motor vehicles now, and many seem to ignore traffic
signals and stop signs. My biggest fear is that I will be riding my bike
on
day and be hit by a motorist who has ignored a stop sign, and I will be
blamed. Are there rules for motor vehicles?

I hear that loud and clear. About 6 months ago I was nearly hit by someone
who didn't even bother to slow down for an obvious stop sign, but
went through at around 35 MPH, in a 25 MPH zone. Would I have been
in the wrong because I was riding and not walking in the crosswalk?
Where is a cop when you need one?
Bill Baka