Old August 11th 04, 07:24 AM
Ro

Default Camelbak Taste

"Plodder" CORNED BEEF@NOSPAM wrote:
I have a Camelbak Blowfish with the 3 litre bladder. The water tastes
strongly of plastic. I bought the thing largely because of the claims that the bladder and tubing were taste-free. Wrong! Water tastes so bad I tend to avoid drinking rather than sipping to keep hydrated.
Anyone out there got any tips on getting rid of the taste? I've tried
bicarb, a teaspoonful of bleach (both recommended by Camelbak), vinegar and Steradent tablets (all separately... maybe I should have mixed them!).
No idea what to try next...
Any suggestions appreciated.
Cheers,
Frank

I cured the plastic taste problem by filling with tap water and adding a few drops of Vanilla extract. I left it in for two days and then amptied it and rinsed thouroughly about six times, the taste was still there but very slightly. I did the same treatment again a week later and have never tasted plastic since,.
Hope this helps.
Ro