Old February 24th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default threadless fork size: one size smaller for frame size

finally got a threadless all chrome Columbus fork for my Fondriest. But
the place where I got it from shipped me a fork for a 57 cm frame while
my frame is 58cm in size. The fork for the 58cm was too pitted for them
to sell it to me. Question: is there any problem in fork size wih
regards to frame size? Will a fork meant for a 57cm frame be ok to
install on a 58cm size? Just by eyeballing it, it looks a tad shorter
than my fork on there now. Just wanted to see if there was some sort of
standard rule for matching up a fork with a particular frame size or
can a fork measured for a specifc frame size be ok to mount on other
frame sizes that are within a cm or so. My headset is on backorder so I
wanted to nip this in the bud and ask here first and send it back if I
had to before taking everything apart and seeing if it would work or
not. Thanks.
-Mike