Old March 6th 06, 12:57 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default SYD: bicycles on the Old Road

"dave" wrote:

But what I heard was "My future children
are so important that for their sake I will henceforth transport both
myself and them everywhere by Armoured Personal Carrier. (and stuff
everyone elses kids) For on their conception and future rest the fate of
the universe"

Wow! You certainly are putting a slant on my words, as I don't recall saying
anything like this:

Dave wrote on 1/03:

Peter Signorini wrote:

I drive a car because I saw a friend get killed riding his motorbike. My
personal view was that this was a more responsible decision for my family
and future children.

Wow. Future children hey. Now thats seriously arrogant. Sorry Peter but
it really is.

No. Nothing about driving around in an APC, not even a 4 ******s Delight. As
far as the family was concerned - that's my mum and dad - they would have
been stressed out about me taking up motorbiking. And 'future children' -
already stated I did plan to have kids and see them grow up. So a little
while later I did buy a Mini Moke. No 4WD, no 'stuff everyone else's kids',
no pretentious crap about my kids are 'the future of the universe'. I chose
to own a car, that's all, but mostly I rode my bike to work.

Getting sick of this game of having to justify my decisions from 27 years
ago. I'm off to get some sleep, ready to cycle to work tomorrow. Great
cycling weather we're having, eh? Bye.

--
Cheers
Peter