Old October 13th 19, 01:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Beginner question

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 08:28:07 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

2. I assume you're looking at upright handlebars rather than
road (drop) bars. The large offroad market means you can
get matching quality compatible shifters for most popular
road gear systems. Flat or upright bars do not mean a lower
quality bike.

The other way around. Upright bars aggravate my damaged rotator cuff.

Also, the last time I rode my upright-bar bike less than half a mile
to Sweet Dreams, I was out of breath when I got there. I don't even
notice that distance on my drop-bar bike.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net