Old August 20th 05, 05:30 PM
Terry Collins

Default Zvino Bicycle Rim - New Inventors

Zoom wrote:

Is it really an improvement or just a gimmick?

Having watched the prog, it is just another gimmick to me.

Con: expensive = restricted market. "I can buy a bicycle for that"

Con: aluminium = buckles easily

Con: weight. It looks as if it would be great for low spoke wheels for
racing, but he showed an mtb rim which is more metal. It makes more
sense to me to aim at the racing wheel market.

Con?: tubeless = poor sealing(?) for mtb.

Con: all wheels have to be hand built.

Pro: coloured bits in the rim which is easier than painting.
Pro: low spoke count wheels, if you can get the hub. thinking of a past
conversation where a bicycle only has to last long enough to pass the
finish line.

Pro: high spoke count wheels, if you can get the hubs to match.