Old August 21st 05, 03:28 AM
Dave@FNQ

Default Zvino Bicycle Rim - New Inventors

"jim" wrote in message

Is it really an improvement or just a gimmick?

I can't see any real improvement over existing wheel designs.

Zoom

Is it really an improvement or just a gimmick?

I can't see any real improvement over existing wheel designs.

Zoom

The rim manufacturers would love them.

No tooling up to make different spoke count rims for each style of rim.

Same with bike shops, no more guessing if they should order 28 and 36 hole
MTB rims, with 32 being so common (and much more likely to sell).

And if you have a 28 or 36 spoke hub, then you will have a wider choice of
rims, which is likely to be in stock.

A bit like in the olden days before A-head / threadless steerers' tubes,
fork manufacturers had to make different length steerers for each model. Now
with threadless, all fork are made with the same long steerer length that is
cut down (not really practical with the wrong length threaded steerers -
more so with press fit steerers).

So if the manufacturers/ retailers see it as a way of cutting costs, I think
it has a good chance of becoming an 'industry standard' in the next few
years.