Old September 4th 06, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin McKenzie

Default BBC Lonon TV news, 6:30

elyob wrote:

"Dan Gregory" wrote in message

The trainer looked to have a nice job - and I was pleased to see he and
his trainee were not wearing h*lm*ts.

Just wondering about the insurance perspective ..

Why? Sometimes insurers have to be educated but there are enough
others to use. Claiming insurers insist on helmets is just an excuse.

Coverage at 10.30 didn't seem too bad (though not good) but I didn't
see the trainer.

Fundamentally, pedestrians expect to be safe on the pavement and in
mortal danger on the road. This is why pavement cycling irritates them
more than dangerous driving, regardless of the real dangers.

Colin McKenzie

--
On average in Britain, you're more likely to get a head injury walking
a mile than cycling it.