Old January 18th 20, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bicycles, pedestrians, and cars detected by microwave dopplerradar.

On 1/17/2020 6:07 PM, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 21:04:23 +0000, Ted Heise wrote:

The camera usage is amazing. My car shows current speed limit on the
Car Play screen when I have Google mapping in use. It is occasionally
wrong; I'm pretty confident it comes over the phone from some Google
database.

It does. We noticed this years ago when there was a large scale change
throughout the state to expand town/city boundaries and often the garmin
device with its advisory voice was clearly wrong about when the speed
limit had changed.

Seems it would take only a small step in software to limit the speed to
what the sign showed.

Of course, there would be objections from dedicated speeders...

--
- Frank Krygowski