Old July 17th 04, 08:41 AM
Edward Dolan

Default "stabilizing" a stratus?

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message
news:w84Kc.93803$JR4.65308@attbi_s54...

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
Perhaps the problem isn't that you need to have circus performer

skills
but
instead you have lousy coordination.

Here is someone who in the past has threatened to kill file me. But of
course that is not possible if you are an intelligent person. So Mark

passes
muster on that score.

I did have you kill filed however your moronic posts are far too
entertaining to miss.

I mean to be entertaining if nothing else. I wish I could say the same for
all the other posters here. God only knows how boring they are for the most
part. You are so-so only. Could be better. You need to work on your
communication skills. Try not to write anything that you wouldn't want to
read.

I am totally in the mainstream when it comes to coordination and bicycle
riding skills. Yet I continue to object to twitchy bikes. I don't

believe
there is any reason for it. The real problem is that some recumbent bike
designers are not up to the mark. In other words, they do not know what

they
are doing. They remind me of people who are constantly reinventing the
wheel - and getting it wrong! For heaven's sakes, it cannot be rocket
science to get the trail right! And why the hell can't recumbent

designers
get the tiller right either?

So which specific brands and bikes are too twitchy? That is something on a
more personal nature, to some a bike might be twitchy to others not

I am a generalist and I will not get into specifics on this question.
Suffice it to say I have very many recumbents and some are incredibly
twitchy and others are not. Same goes for the tiller variable. Some have way
too much and some have way too little and others are OK.

Recumbent designers should all be consulting with another Minnesotan by

the
name of Mark Stonich who knows what the hell he is talking about with
respect to these very elementary design considerations.

Frankly, I am fed up with recumbent designers who cannot get the trail

right
and who cannot get the tiller right. Such designers ought to be taken

out
and horse whipped to death for all the aggravation they cause. I have

lost
all patience with them! The problem is that they love to build the g.d.
things, but they don't put any effort into designing them. May the devil
take them!

Umm yea sure

No, I really mean the Devil take them! I simply can't believe that recumbent
builders do not have a formula for trail and tiller. If I didn't know how to
design proper trail and tiller into a bike I would not presume to be a bike
manufacturer. Hells Bells! Even Wal-Mart sells bikes that are perfectly
designed.

I have got over 15 recumbents and they are all different. The fact that they
are all different ought to tell us something, but it doesn't because hope
springs eternal in the human breast. Fortunately, I am going to die soon and
so will be well out of these eternal conundrums that recumbents present
which have almost driven me crazy over the past 20 years. But I have a sense
of humor about it all and that is the only thing that has saved me.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota