Old July 18th 04, 11:38 PM
Edward Dolan

Default "stabilizing" a stratus?

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message
news:qoCKc.125990$Oq2.79163@attbi_s52...

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message
I find it odd how a supposed "genius" could buy so many bikes without
realizing how twitchy they are, I also doubt you really have a

recumbent
bike at all

Mark, why the hell don't you put periods at the end of your sentences?

I like recumbents for reasons having to do with factors other than that

they
are twitchy (mainly comfort). You and I both know that I have very many
recumbents. Otherwise, how could I be so knowledgeable about them.

I have yet to see anything you say show knowledge on any of them

(note the lack of a period)

As long as you cannot get your composition right I will continue to hold you
in the utmost contempt. The minute you start to top post like that other
fool, Bil, then I will cut you lose entirely. Idiots should only be
conversing with other idiots, not with geniuses like me.

Again you claim them to be seriously twitchy yet you continued to buy

them,
how odd

See my paragraph above for the explanation for it. I do not like to repeat
myself just because you do not know how to read. I am asusming others on
this group do know how to read even if you don't.

I have got over 15 recumbents and they are all different.

I doubt this

Outsiders who come to my house for the first time are simply amazed at

all
the recumbent bikes I have. They clutter the whole house. I have to tell
them that I am not really crazy, just a bit eccentric. I also have over

10
road and mountain bikes too. I have had bike shop owners tell me that I

have
got more bikes in my house than they have in their store. Most of my

bikes
were bought as framesets on the cheap and I built them myself. But

thanks
for asking!

You DO realize that having pictures of recumbent bikes does not qualify as
ownership of a real one correct?

Odd you have spent the last 20 years on purchasing and riding such

poorly
made bikes, then again that would explain your disposition here

My disposition would improve enormously if you would learn how to put a
period at the end of your sentences. It is the little things like this

that
drive me crazy, not the big things like whether I live or die.

Well here's to driving you crazy

Most recumbents are not poorly made; they just have not been designed

with
the proper trail and tiller. That is because recumbent manufacturers do

not
spend enough time designing them. But they love to build them even

though
they don't get the design right. Don't we all know folks like this?

Since you won't or apparently cannot tell us which particular make and

model
have poor handling then why don't you tell us all what the proper trail

and
pitch should be

See a follow up post to this one to which you are responding where I go into
some of the differences ever so slightly. I do not want this to become an
extended conversation about the pros and cons of various recumbents. We have
RCN for that.

As to proper trail and tiller, that is not my business. I do not design
recumbents nor do I manufacture them. I only buy them and ride them. That is
most likely all that 99% of us on this newsgroup do too - including you! Who
cares what you and I think about bicycle design anymore than anyone should
care what we think about nuclear physics or getting to the Moon. We can only
know what works for us and what doesn't work for us.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota