Old September 6th 05, 09:11 AM

Default Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 02:22:40 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Dave Miller" wrote in message
.. .
[...]
Many, like myself, decided long ago Edward is to be pitied but easily
dismissed with filters. But the number of Ed responders proved too
numerous , and often valuable, too kill with a filter - so we moved to
BROL.

If you really want to know how people feel, don't ask these last
hold-outs - ask at BROL, prepare for the applause

I am of two minds about BROL. It is the place to go if you want recumbent
specific information all right. However, it is just way too boring and
tiresome for someone like me. A newsgroup without excitement is senseless.

ARBR has had its ups and downs over the years. Many of those who used to
post to ARBR left the group because they did not want any outsiders to
interfere with their mindless banter and liberal political comments. I got
rid of that bunch and I think they are all to be found on BROL now. Many of
them were retired Florida types who were into nothing but caressing one
another. That was not for me as you can well imagine.

Did they bar you from being there? Aw, too bad. You egos smarting over
that isn't it. That's why you can't let it drop.

The one thing that can destroy a newsgroup, any newsgroup, are criminal
vandal trolls. I have always tried to add something to the group and have
wanted the group to prosper, but there is no defense against criminal vandal
trolls. They can take down a newsgroup in just a few weeks easily. That
being the case, we should none of us come to rely on Usenet for anything
important. It is for fun and games only and should never be taken seriously.

All moderated newsgroups like BROL are impossibly boring. There is no
excitement on them whatever. However, they are the future because they are
safe and civil and more or less informational. But they are no fun.

But they are relief from a massive ego without a clue. Call it respite
from an overblow child who parents didn;t spank him enough as a child.

would your momma be proud of your behavior here, your overbearing
boorishness?

jim