Old November 14th 04, 04:49 PM
Bill Baka

On 14 Nov 2004 07:34:12 -0800, Maggie wrote:

It's all this newsgroups fault that I am trying to deal with my age,
ride my bike, and stop whining. Thanks guys. What a group. I am also
trying that cross country ski thing when I am in Lake Tahoe next week.
I made up my mind and confirmed the plans. Well first I will spend
some time at Harrahs, but I will do the ski thing. ;-) (I can't give
up all my old ways and become athletic overnight) It took 50 years to
become this sissy, prissy. I worked hard at it. ;-) My plane leaves
Thursday morning. I have no idea what I will do without my daily fix
of rec.bicycles.misc while I am out in Nevada. I am at a crossroad. I
can go for the exercise and health or I can make a reservation at my
favorite restaurant and order a wonderfully unhealthy meal. Life is a
series of choices. Boy, have I made some really BAD ones....but along
the way there were some great choices too. Like having my kids. Happy
Sunday Riding. I am hauling ass out the door now to bike. Maybe I
will be able to ride just a little further today.
All the best from your friend, the sissy prissy lady from surburbia.

http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

About those bad choices I can agree. I could have bought a house
in Campbell (part of Silicon valley) for $30,000 in 1973 but
passed because I thought it was too much at the time. Instead
I moved to the country. That house is now approaching the
million dollar mark. Now I have lots of places to ride but
no house equity (value) in the sticks. Money or fitness?
Fitness wins. Everybody I know that lives in their million
dollar houses are stressed out, overweight, etc. I don't
know if money wins or living better with less capital.
I'll take the latter since I don't want to be one of those
who wins by dying with the most money.
Bill Baka

--
Just Bill again