Old July 22nd 03, 10:35 PM
Andy Coggan

Default Could Lance break the "athlete's hour" record?

"karhu" wrote in message
7...
What do you think? I think he should go for it to prove that he is the
greatest rider of all time. It would be like going one-on-one with Eddy
Merckx... (I know that Boardman holds the record (49.441 km), but that is
just 10 meters more than Merckx).

10 m is 10 m...so it would be like going one-on-one with Boardman.

If Lance could do 50+ then the issue of
who´s the greatest rider would be settled once and for all.

If Boardman had raced under the new rules with the form he had in setting
his ultimate record, the distance would be out around 51.5-52 km...

Andy Coggan