Old May 2nd 04, 11:04 PM
Evan Evans

Default Pic of Lemond winning 1989 World's...what's up with the wheel in their faces?

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message link.net...
"Evan Evans" wrote in message
om...
I just watched the 89 worlds again. That wheel we see in the photo was
added digitaly or something & did not exist in the real world. The
Lemond years were some of the greatest in cycling! The comptition was
there between Hinault , Lemond & Fignon etc. The Bikes were cool with
Campy c-record as king. Cool sponcers with LVC & Team Z. The english
invasion.

Indeed, Campy C-Record WAS king but the Mavic stuff was better designed,
lighter, had less rolling resistance and probably cost less. LeMond won the
'89 and '90 Tour on Mavic. I still have a set of Mavic hubs that roll easier
than any other wheelset I have.

Lemond won in 90 using C record not Mavic. The 89 season was on mavic.

Yes i have to admit the Mavic stuff was very cool! Lemond That era of
cycling was just cool. Have you read the current isue of cycle sport?
super artical on Lemond.