Old December 7th 11, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Cycling on the pavement

On Dec 7, 11:39*am, NorthWalesYorkie
wrote:

Actually, it's very well thought out, you're making the fundamental
error of criticising from a driver's and pedestrian's point of view.
I'm not familiar with Horsham but similar layouts are found in dozens
of small towns, where the road network was redesigned in the sixties/
seventies to cater for increased volumes of motor traffic and the core
streets later pedestrianised. The combination marginalises the cyclist
who has to choose between a circuitous, unpleasant and possibly
dangerous road, and coming into conflict with pedestrians.

I have the luxury of being able to choose from roads, cycle lanes,
cycle paths from converted railway lines, cycle paths from converted
pavements, bus lanes, estuary riverside, 20mph zones and I make full
use of them all.

--
Simon Mason