Old October 30th 13, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Wrong direction cyclist crashes into car

On 30/10/2013 10:09, Bertie Wooster wrote:

Mrcheerful wrote:

Cyclist on wrong side of the road whizzes downhill and piles into the
side of a car trying to pull out. I trust he has insurance and faces
careless cycling charges.

http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/B...ail/story.html

=====Quote=====
"Someone flashed me out, and so I pulled out onto the road just as a
young man on a bike crashed into the side of my car."
=====/Quote=====

A flash of headlights is a warning, not a signal that it is safe to
pull out of a drive.

That's tripe.

Signals mean what they are intended to mean by the person doing the
signalling, not what you or anyone else say they would mean if only your
definition were made to prevail. A flash of the headlamps, in the
context described, means "I am giving way to you". It does not mean
anything else.

The driver should be charged with dangerous driving for ignoring that
clear warning signal.

Yet more rubbish, based on the rubbish you posted above.

The footway cyclist should face a FPN, if appropriate, for cycling on
the pavement.

And civil liability for the damage he caused.