Old March 20th 17, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default More About Lights

On 2017-03-20 11:35, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 2:04:15 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote: Snipped

Sometimes I wonder if a concealed carry would make sense on a bike.
At least for cases where some low-life flies into a full road rage
and tries to attack. Or a montain lion wants to pounce :-)

I wore out the BB on my road bike. Again :-( But it was 40
miles of fun (except for the road part)

Hah, a mountain lion pounces from above and behind and would be on
you before you even knew it was near you. ;)

What you need is a cage completely around your bicycle. MAybe add
another wheel or two for better stability and then add a motor to
help move it along. :)

Are you saying that you wore out a bottom bracket in only 40 miles of
use? That's what it sounds like from what you posted.

No, it just happened on that ride. RRRT .. RRRT .. now what the heck is
that? Looked down, chain rings sloshes left to right. This one lasted
probably around 10k miles. Not great but still better than 3-4k in my
student days. I guess that (plus spokes, rear tires, cassettes and
chains) is the price to pay for living in the hills. Yesterday I popped
a spoke. Again.

The bottom bracket has to limp along for a while until I have time to
fix my MTB where I wore out stuff at its rear end. Can't be without a
(at least somewhat) working bike.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/