Old August 17th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.racing
Barry Harmon

Default The idiocy of Tom Sherman

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in
m:

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message

And just to show that gun rights are more important to Minnesotans
than property rights, under our law you can carry your concealed
weapon onto any private property (stores, churches, hospitals,
someone's home, etc.) you want without asking permission unless the
property owner has posted a sign saying you can't. This is America,
dammit. God, guns and guts made us great.

Hmm apparently you don't understand that the Constitution overrules
any lesser laws. Also you seem to have missed the point that after gun
control laws were voided in places like Florida, crime took a HUGE
drop. But of course you may pretend otherwise.

The crime drop is the one thing that the anti-gun forces both can't
explain and choose to ignore.

However, if the anti-gun forces had a little crreativity, they could
make the whole discussion moot. Here's how.

Guns are allowed. No problem with that.

However, lead styphnate is an explosive, as are lead azide and fulminate
of mercury. All of these can be used as primer mixtures, the content of
the primer, the dealie that makes the cartridge fire.

Why not just declare that these compounds are controlled explosives,
which they assuredly are in larger quantities, and make ammunition
subject to controls?

So the gun forces could have all the guns they wanted and the anti-gun
forces would see to it that the guns couldn't be fired.

I had a successful career with firearms and my father was also involved
with weapons, so please, no personal invective accusing me of anti-gun
bias.

Barry Harmon