Old August 20th 13, 09:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

Default ...and another one bites the dust.

On 20/08/2013 8:58 PM, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| On 20/08/2013 15:56, Davey Crockett wrote:
| atriage a écrit profondement:

| |
| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/euskaltel-euskadi-confirms-that-it-will-disband-at-the-end-of-the-season
|
| Sad, very say
|
|ront yard for Yup, if one of cycling's heartlands can't support a pro racing team
| then it's safe to say this sport might very well be ****ed.

I have a faint hope that someone might step in to cover the
shortfall.

I got to know several of the riders quite well as their bus was
parked in my front yard for most of the Volta a Algarve.

The Volta a Algarve is unfortunately another race which is
doubtful of another running.

How it was managed this year is another story, but Davey played a
small part and worked his ass off to help the promoter to put it
on by twisting a lot of arms.

I hope you're right and that Eskaltel-Euskadi gets a 2nd sponsor. We've
been big fans for ages.... one of my daughters has Basque connections,
indeed a Basque substitute family, she's a linguist and spends time
there. A proud people.

Here's hoping.

--
Chris

'Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
every six months.'

(Oscar Wilde.)