Old May 24th 19, 10:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Bottle holder

On 5/24/2019 1:05 AM, John B. wrote:

snip

Further to Jobst's comments. I'm afraid I know many people who see no
problems what so ever in drilling holes in frames - literally every
custom frame builder I have ever been in contact with will put as many
bottle cages on your new bike as you ask for. And every cage requires
two holes to mount.

Hopefully you realize the difference between a custom frame builder
drilling a frame for cage mounts and the owner of a Huffy doing the same.

The former almost certainly has jigs for the task and is able to put in
the mounts prior to assembling and painting the frame. If it's a steel
or titanium frame, which is much more likely to be the case for a custom
frame builder, then they're probably brazing on the mounts, not using
Rivnuts.